EARLY TO RISE – LIFE TRANSFORMATION CONTEST
1. Description of the Contest: The Early to Rise Life Transformation Contest (the “Contest”) has four categories. Each category lasts 90 days. Upon entry, contestants may select only one category, or multiple categories. Free educational materials will be provided to better prepare the Participant for the 90-day active period. The Contest begins immediately upon entry and will end 90-days later.
Rolling enrollment will begin at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 26, 2012 and end on 11:59:59 PM EST on January 21, 2013 (“Enrollment Period”).
The final active day based on the rolling entry date will be from March 26, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM EST to April 21, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM EST.
2. The Categories: 1) Health Category for those improving their health through transformations that may include weight loss, diet improvements, smoking cessation, and other changes that improves the functioning of the body; 2) Wealth Category for those improving their wealth through transformations that may include payment of debt, improving savings, budgeting, investing strategies, business building, and other aspects to improve the personal balance sheets; 3) Wisdom Category for those making transformative changes in social and personal areas of their lives with transformations that may include mending broken relationships, rekindling old relationships, giving and supporting non-profit organizations, and other aspects to improve on personal improvement; and 4) All-around Category for Participants who have signed up for more than one individual category.
The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to all persons, and who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence throughout duration of the Contest in which they participate. Employees, officers and directors of Early To Rise Publishing, LLC (“Sponsor”) or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to reject any entry it deems ineligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter each category once during the Enrollment Period of the Contest at www.TransformationContest.com. Within the time period specified above for the Contest, you must complete a 90-day Transformation in the category(ies) selected, then visit www.TransformationContest.com/Submission and follow the instructions to complete and submit a Transformation Contest Rules, Regulations, & Application Form (“TC Submission Form”) during the seven (7) days after the last day of Contest. No physical entries will be accepted. To complete the TC Guide you must respond, among other things, to the “Transformation Questions” listed in the TC Submission Form and provide proof of the Transformation. In addition, you must also provide, if you enter the Health category, three (3) “before” photos of the participant that must be taken within one (1) day of the beginning of their 90-day Transformation Contest, and three (3) “after” photographs that must be taken within one (1) day of completion of the program. Refer to the FAQ page for details concerning the format of the photographs and the proof that the photos were taken on the specific dates. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER CATEGORY. NOTE: You are not required to purchase an item or spend any money to compete. If you elect to spend any sums, you do so at your discretion, and such sums will not be reimbursed by Sponsor under any circumstances. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, addresses or any other method will void all of that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified at the discretion of Sponsor. If an entrant submits multiple entries, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all the entrant’s entries or all but one (1) of the entries. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries must be submitted by the participant. You must provide all required information requested in the category TC Submission Form to be eligible to enter. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that its entry does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further agree that Sponsor shall own all entries (and all material embodied therein), which entries will not be acknowledged or returned, and that Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish and use the entries in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to entrants or any third party. Failure to comply with any of these Official Rules, or return any required releases and related documentation, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
By entering, each entrant (i) represents and warrants that the photographs and written responses submitted with the TC Submission Form are original and were created solely by the participant and will not violate the rights of any third party or law or ordinance; and (ii) agrees, if he or she is a winner, to assign all intellectual property rights in the photographs and written responses to Sponsor.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Entries will first be judged by a panel of judges within the Sponsor’s organization. The judges will select five finalists in each category based on the following criteria: (1) objective evidence of the transformation success, which should be included in the final submission form (25%); (2) the originality of the answers to the questions on the Transformation Questions form in the TC Submission Form (50%) and 3) most dramatic transformation (25%). The Sponsor will contact potential finalists to validate their evidence prior to officially announcing the finalists. Your confirmation that you are an official finalist will be e-mailed only after you have provided proof satisfactory to the Sponsor, in its sole judgment, regarding your transformation claims. The submissions from each of the finalists in each category will be made available for the public to vote for seven days. The voting public must register with the Sponsor in order to submit their vote and is limited to one vote per category. Voting counts may be made public throughout the seven day voting period. The winners of each category will be announced on May 6, 2013. The potential winners will be notified by email or mail within 3 of being selected. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, or the notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited any eligible the prize, and Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from all eligible entries received based on the above judging criteria. Alternate potential winners must satisfy all eligibility requirements. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, or is unavailable to accept the prize within the time period specified by Sponsor, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected in his/her place based on the above judging criteria from all eligible entries received within seven (7) days of the date days of the date the potential winner is determined to be ineligible. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner.
EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CHALLENGE. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. PRIZES AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Four Categories per Contest: Each Category will have a Grand Prize and 2 placed prices that consist of:
- Grand Prize consists of $15,000 cash paid to the Winner. Total Approximate Value of Prize: ($15,000).
- Second Place Prize consists of $7,500 cash paid to the Recipient. Total Approximate Value of Prize: ($7,500).
- Third Place Prize consists of $2,500 cash paid to the Recipient. Total Approximate Value of Prize: ($2,500).
Weekly Prizes. Beginning on December 31, 2013 and each week thereafter during the duration of the Contest, Sponsor may make additional awards available via a weekly prize according to the process set forth in rule 5. The identity and duration of each prize will be posted at the start on each week. For purposes of these rules, a week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday at 11:59:59pm. Weekly prizes will be awarded based on random criteria to ensure prizes have fair distribution and no single contestant wins more than one weekly prize.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, or transferred; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Limit one (1) prize per category, per person, per household. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Challenge. Each winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate value of prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Challenge is governed by the laws of the United States. If, for any reason, the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and/or (a) cancel or terminate the Challenge (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Challenge or suspend the Challenge to address the impairment and then resume the Challenge in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CHALLENGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any web site associated with the Challenge, and/or the legitimate operation of the Challenge; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Challenge, entrants agree that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Challenge or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Challenge. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE OR IN ANY CHALLENGE RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CHALLENGE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CHALLENGE, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
The sponsor may offer related products that are related to the Transformation Contest, all of which have been either personally checked out, or that come from trusted Partners. For doing so, we receive a commission. The Sponsor will not recommend any product that does not have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Nothing in the Contest should be considered personalized Financial Advice. Although our employees or content partners may answer general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address particular investment situations. No communication by the employees of the Sponsor should be deemed as personalized Financial Advice. Any investments recommended during the Contest should be made only after consulting with an investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.
9. CHOICE OF LAW. This Contest is governed by the laws of the state of Colorado and the laws of the United States of America, as applicable, without regard to conflict of law doctrine. By entering the Challenge, all participants agree to be subject to jurisdiction in the Federal and State courts of Colorado and agree that all disputes relating in any way to this Challenge must be resolved in the Federal and State courts of Colorado. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal and State court in Colorado; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a list of winners, available for 60 days after selection of winners, by visiting http://www.transformationcontest.com or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor: Early To Rise Publishing, LLC, 14405 W Colfax Ave #309, Lakewood, CO 80401.
Early to Rise Publishing, LLC shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2012. All trademarks or logos used herein are trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.